From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arches.desc & GLEP 72 (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14)
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 11:45:58
1 Am Sonntag, 7. Mai 2017, 22:30:51 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
2 >
3 > Oh, one more thing that I've forgot to mention in the original mail.
4 > It'd probably be useful to solve two disjoint problems:
5 >
6 > a. whether CI should enforce correct depgraph and how,
9 Well, my approach for this would be that CI should enforce the same things as
10 Repoman.
11
12 Which means
13 * stable: CI enforces separate deptrees for arch and ~arch
14 * (testing, now) mixed: CI enforces deptree for ~arch (treating arch as ~arch)
15 * unstable: CI enforces deptree for ~arch, CI errors on encountering arch
18 > 2. stable depgraph is broken and we don't care (i.e. we don't CC
19 > the arch and drop old stable versions if necessary).
20
21 Keep the arch on "mixed", or drop all stable keywords in one commit and then
22 set it to "unstable".
26 > b. whether we should request stabilizing packages.
29 > 1. stable depgraph is broken but we want to fix it (i.e. should CC
30 > the arch on stablereqs),
31
32 Well... so far my approach would have been,
33 * keep arch (testing) mixed, until the arch team says "good to go",
34 * then make hard switch to stable, and start with stablerequests
35
36 We could, however, add one more column *only* for the (testing) mixed case,
37 which states whether stabilization requests are required.
38
39 (Only for the mixed case, since for "stable" this is always yes, and for
40 "unstable" it makes no sense.)
46 Andreas K. Hüttel
47 dilfridge@g.o
48 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)