From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Date-of-birth in developer applications
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:48:07
1 >>>>> On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I'd like to revive the topic of requiring date-of-birth for
4 > developers. Currently, we 'require' this date in developer
5 > applications and store it in our LDAP (it's not public). However,
6 > I'm not aware of any good justification for collecting this kind of
7 > personal information.
8
9 IANAL, but won't this be relevant once we require Signed-off-by lines
10 with our commits?
11
12 Also, the information can be useful for statistical purposes. For
13 example, I had shown an age distribution of devs in a previous talk
14 of mine: https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/talks/intro_to_gentoo.tar.xz
15 (page 34 there).
16
17 Debian keeps dates of developers as well:
18 https://people.debian.org/~spaillard/developers-age-histogramm/
19
20 Ulrich