From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions to nominees
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 08:23:36
1 Hello all,
2 I'd like to summarise the replies I've received to my questions from
3 nearly 2 weeks ago:
4
5 Replies to my question:
6 dilfridge
7 gyakovlev
8 marecki
9 mattst88
10 mgorny
11 sam
12 ulm
13 williamh
14
15 Did not reply:
16 lu_zero
17 patrick
18 slyfox
19 whissi
20 zlogene
21 zx2c4
22
23 Nominees who haven't voted yet (you can ls -l the files without reading
24 them, nothing nefarious):
25 zx2c4 (last voted in 2018)
26
27 The council is the institution of last resort. Whether accountability
28 before an election matters is something every developer needs to judge
29 for themself. My personal view is that if a candidate has no time to
30 reply to some simple questions or even post a manifesto, they likely
31 either don't have time to serve, or don't respect the electorate. In
32 light of recent events, I might also suggest that a council member ought
33 to be reasonable and act rationally.
34
35 Just a reminder: you can change your votes if you wish:
36 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Elections#Condorcet_method_of_voting
37
38 Regards
39 David