From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Status update of Sunrise project?
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:04:28
1 On 04/12/2015 12:02 PM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > On Sunday 12 April 2015 11:59:09 hasufell wrote:
3 >> On 04/11/2015 01:54 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>> 1. What does proxy-maintainers lack in comparison to sunrise
5 >>> exclusively. The immediate question is whether sunrise should be
6 >>> migrated to proxy-maintainers, so this specific comparison is
7 >>> important.
8 >>
9 >> proxy-maintainers lack:
10 >> 1. a repository with a usable VCS
11 >> 2. an actual review workflow... @proxy-maintainers are just some sort of
12 >> backup committers. it's not a hub for contributors to gather, discuss,
13 >> get reviews and improve skills
14 >> 3. means to ensure the tree doesn't break
15 >> 4. actively look for and educate potential developers, even before the
16 >> recruitment process
17 >
18 > Oh my.
19 >
20 > Can you please stop being such a drama queen and accept reality every now and
21 > then?
24 I am unable to see how that contributes anything to the discussion.
25 Could you please stay on the factual level?
29 >> So it should, if at all, be the other way around: dissolve
30 >> proxy-maintainers, fix the sunrise workflow and make it the contribution
31 >> hub again it once was. But I'm not actually advocating for that. I think
32 >> the sunrise concept doesn't work anymore.
33 >
34 > proxy-maint is the least broken process we have. Unless you have constructive
35 > criticism I don't see why you waste time whining about everything.
38 You have obviously not read the whole email. I did offer an alternative
39 solution. Please read the whole text.