From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-09-13
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 23:42:51
1 On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > For instance a desktop profile meant for KDE
4 > could set USE="qt -gtk" and automatically prefer Qt -- whatever
5 > version as necessary -- to build GUI applications.
8 I can buy the KDE profile setting qt, but I don't think it is a good
9 idea to set -gtk in such a profile. What if a package doesn't support
10 both? The user would probably prefer that it still be built with gtk
11 support. If a package only supports one or the other, then just
12 specifying USE=qt alone should be enough to tell it to pick that one.
13
14 This is why I've been leaning towards also having an even more generic USE=gui.
17 Rich