From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-08-14
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 16:15:30
1 On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 03:12:08 +1200
2 Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 07:41:05 -0700
5 > Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > So, are you up for it? Any Gentoo dev willing to help admin such a
8 > > system, please reply with your area of expertise and ability to
9 > > help.
10 > >
11 > > Maybe we can finally get a working and deployed stats system.
12 >
13 > Is there anywhere other than https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoostats
14 > I can read more? There's lots of dead links to a non-existent
15 > soc.dev.gentoo.org server
16 >
17 > I Can find the code:
18 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/gentoostats.git/tree/
19 >
20 > But I can't find really any in-depth design documents :/
21 >
22 > Deadlinks everywhere.
25 yeah, that what happens with abandoned things...
26
27 Also vulture tends to get wiped each year to be reset for the next
28 batch of students and projects.
29
30 The best is probably to go thru the gentoo-soc mail list archive to get
31 a feel for the direction and basic design and goals. I do remember
32 some of it, but I only helped with a bit of it (portage, gentoolkit
33 api's) plus it was 5 years ago now and my memory is not as good as it
34 used to be (yeah, I'm old).
35 --
36 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>