From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 07:43:47
1 On 11/12/2016 12:27 PM, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > On 2016.11.10 12:12, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
4 >
5 > [snip]
8 >>> With the mergers, that confidence has been eroded.
9 >>
10 >> Honestly, I think this is something you need to substantiate.
11 >>
12 > [snip]
13 >
14 >> --
15 >> Rich
18 > Rich,
19 >
20 > The raw data is ugly so its attached.
21 >
22 > At one time, in 2007, we had three, four counting Proctors project, doing
23 > separate jobs, now merged into comrel. It was clear when things were
24 > moving from mediation to disciplinary as a different project got involved.
25 > Separation of duties is in general, a good thing.
26 >
27 > Since the end of 2007, chosen so I can ignore the Omnibudsman and
28 > Proctors projects in the data gathering, comparing like roles with like
29 > roles in comrel today, the head count appears to have reduced from
30 > 16 to 11.
31 >
32 > Even the head count reduction suggests that there is less role
33 > separation than there once was.
34 >
35 > The nature and volume of work at the end of 2007 remains classified,
36 > so its not possible to determine from outside comrel if this head count
37 > reduction has made things harder for comrel or not. Maybe we could
38 > have some anonymised stats from the end of 2007?
39 >
40 > Observing behaviour changes in the population at large, its my opinion
41 > that things have gotten worse rather that better over the last 10 years,
42 > so that comrel is probably understaffed.
43 >
44 > Special apologies to dilfridge. Nano doesn't want to paste an 'ü' so
45 > your name is mangled in the attachment.
48 If you use X and have Xmodmap, you can set a key to "Multi_key", which
49 can be used as a compose key. Compose, u, " will create the ü needed.
50 Just one of the tricks I learned along the way. :)
51
52 Now for something on-topic:
53
54 Don't forget the Mentors, Recruiters, and Proxy-Maint projects, which
55 handle the other end of staffing (adding people rather than removing them).
56
57 Here's the info as of 2016-11-13 07:34:30 UTC, straight from the wiki:
58
59 Mentors
60 Lead(s) none
61 No lead election date set
62 Members
63 Alice Ferrazzi (alicef)
64 Amy Winston (amynka)
65 Göktürk Yüksek (gokturk)
66
67 ---
68
69 Recruiters
70 Lead(s) Mikle Kolyada (Zlogene) Recruiter
71 No lead election date set
72 Members
73 Amy Winston (amynka)
74 Recruiter
75 Markos Chandras (Hwoarang)
76 Recruiter
77 Thomas Sachau (tommy)
78 Recruiter
79
80 ---
81
82 Proxy-Maintainers
83 Lead(s) none
84 Last elected: 2016/07/31
85 Members
86 Alice Ferrazzi (alicef)
87 Member
88 Amy Winston (amynka)
89 Member
90 Yixun Lan (dlan)
91 Member
92 Göktürk Yüksek (gokturk)
93 QA panda
94 Kristian Fiskerstrand (k_f)
95 Member
96 Michael Palimaka (kensington)
97 Member
98 Michał Górny (mgorny)
99 Member
100 Maxim Koltsov (maksbotan)
101 Member
102 Marek Szuba (Marecki)
103 Member
104 Patrice Clement (monsieurp)
105 Member
106 Manuel Rüger (mrueg)
107 Member
108 Jason Zaman (perfinion)
109 Member
110 David Seifert (soap)
111 Member
112 Matthias Maier (tamiko)
113 Member
114 Aaron W. Swenson (titanofold)
115 Member
116 Sam Jorna (wraeth)
117 Member
118 Michael Weber (xmw)
119 Member
120 Mikle Kolyada (Zlogene)
121 Member
122
123 ========
124 Analysis
125 ========
126
127 Recruiters<->Mentors overlap
128 ----------------------------
129 Amy Winston (amynka)
130
131 Mentors<->Proxy-Maint overlap
132 -----------------------------
133 Alice Ferrazzi (alicef)
134 Amy Winston (amynka)
135 Göktürk Yüksek (gokturk) [apologies if I used the wrong glyphs]
136
137 Side note: This makes Mentors a complete subset of Proxy-Maint.
138
139 Recruiters<->Proxy-Maint overlap
140 --------------------------------
141 Amy Winston (amynka)
142 Mikle Kolyada (zlogene)
143
144 Overlap across all three projects
146 Amy Winston (amynka)
147
148 --- end of analysis ---
149
150 I have no commentary for the data.
151 --
152 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
153 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
154 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6