From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 22:19:14
1 Never having had any direct Ciaran McCreesh. I long saw him as a problem
2 because of what ever his past was, having left, been removed etc. I really do
3 not know. But I always assumed he was a trouble maker.
4
5 It wasn't till I found myself in such a category, that I realized. Much of
6 what I just said about Ciaran applies to others perception of myself.
7
8 If Ciaran is trolling, I would say others made him into such. Others caused
9 him to be an outcast to where instead of being able to contribute directly. He
10 has been forced for a very long time to do such via external means. Seeing his
11 name on PMS, and knowing his involvement in other things is proof of such.
12
13 It just goes to show, this whole idea of removing people from the project
14 simply does not work. Ciaran is not a Gentoo developer, he is still around and
15 very much part of the community. Many in Gentoo are still benefiting from his
16 efforts directly or not.
17
18 I think it is ridiculous to continue this stupid trend. People come from all
19 over the world. From many areas that do not get along Socially now and likely
20 never will. Those that do today may not tomorrow. Gentoo cannot solve all the
21 social problems of the world.
22
23 Gentoo need not focus on Social matters, but Technical.
24
25 All this focus on social behavior has cost Gentoo tremendously on the
26 technical front. No amount of justification will ever change that fact. If
27 Gentoo is ultimately suffering Technically. What is the real benefit with all
28 this social policing?
29
30 There is no benefit....
31
32 Ciaran is NOT a troll. He is not how most will make him out to be, and should
33 likely have never been driven away from Gentoo. Ciaran, and many others, all
34 of Exherbo, Funtoo, and others including myself should be reunited.
35
36 Who knows what would come of Gentoo if all this talent reunited. Would there
37 be chaos for sure? But out of chaos comes the entire Universe, the big bang.
38 Chaos can lead to some wonderful things. I am not sure harmony really leads to
39 wondrous beauty. Mother nature is surely not very harmonious, she is a mean
40 bitch, but she does amazingly beautiful work out of chaos.
43 William L. Thomson Jr.