From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-04-10
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 18:07:18
1 > In two weeks from now, the council will meet again. This is the time
2 > to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda
3 > to discuss or vote on.
4
5 I would like the council to follow up on the results of robbat2's
6 portage repo usage survey:
7 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/c2ffa62837fd4cbdd42945bf57b09b25
8
9 The following two points should be discussed and possibly be voted on:
10
11 1. Should we continue providing ChangeLog files in the rsync
12 distribution?
13
14 Some facts: As of today, ChangeLog* files take up 156 MiB out of a
15 total size of 390 MiB in the rsync tree, or 40 %. The files propagated
16 from CVS (i.e. ChangeLog-20*) account for 103 MiB, whereas the
17 ChangeLog files generated from Git commit messages account for 53 MiB.
18
19 Even when ignoring the initial Git commit (whose message is duplicated
20 in all ChangeLogs and accounts for 25 MiB), we still have a growth
21 rate of 28 MiB in 239 days (2015-08-08 to 2016-04-03) which is 43 MiB
22 per year.
23
24 2. If we continue providing Changelogs, then what should be their
25 order of entries?
26
27 Ulrich