From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 04:33:42
1 On 14/10/16 05:31, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 >
3 > All in all fair points. What do we do with developers who are
4 > legitimately held up in RL affairs and have appropriately indicated so
5 > in devaway? Consensus seems to hold that 6-9 months of inactivity could
6 > be enough to invoke Undertaker action. Should that happen and a
7 > developer come back, would they need to pass the ebuild tests again, or
8 > merely talk to infra to get their account "unlocked" so to speak?
9 >
10 > I ask because I can think of a few developers who aren't too active, but
11 > I don't feel their dev status should be revoked for inactivity --
12 > especially if said inactivity is not something within their (easy)
13 > control, like the birth of a child, crunch time at work, and so on.
14 >
15 > But I see the need to keep Gentoo not only clean, but secure. Automatic
16 > 'locking' of an account after 6 months or something could help diminish
17 > the attack surface of infra, and is easily reversible.
18 >
19 +10 to all of this.