From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Meeting agenda - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 20:16:51
1 Am Samstag, 7. April 2018, 22:08:46 CEST schrieb Alec Warner:
2 > On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 4:04 PM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > > Am Samstag, 7. April 2018, 22:01:26 CEST schrieb Matthew Thode:
6 > > > > However, when Daniel Robbins started playing the
7 > > > > trustees against the council again, the situation deteriorated fast.
8 > > >
9 > > > attribution? Who said this?
10 > >
11 > > That is my personal interpretation of events - he became a big supporter
12 > > of
13 > > the trustees the moment when he realized that his efforts to become an
14 > > honorary council member went nowhere...
15 >
16 > As a foundation member (1 person 1 vote) I don't really see drobbins making
17 > much headway in this area.
18
19 Nah, I think if anyone has earned foundation membership then it's him. That's
20 perfectly fine.
21
22 > Are you suggesting his 'trustees-based coup' is successful, or you just
23 > have generic concerns about the two headed-ness of the existing system?
24
25 I think all involved parties are too clever to have any 'trustees-based coup',
26 as you call it, actually succeed.
27
28 Still, I was kinda busy with other stuff last week. Then I checked the gentoo-
29 project list and it felt like looking at ... never mind, I clearly lack the
30 words to describe it. Horror from the fifth dimension. Gremlin playground. As
31 far as being divisive counts, there was a certain amount of success.
34 Andreas K. Hüttel
35 dilfridge@g.o
36 Gentoo Linux developer
37 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)