From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2017-09-10
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 21:06:03
1 On 04/09/2017 20:37, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > ...or dumping Gentoo for a distribution that doesn't dump huge breakage
3 > on users in week's time. Guess which one is more likely to happen.
4 >
5 > If our purpose is just to show the middle finger to users, why not
6 > remove the keyword altogether and stop pretending it's there when it
7 > clearly isn't?
8
9 Do we have any data about possible size of affected user base?
10
11 Meanwhile, consider producing a roadmap of possible steps to take and
12 timeline. At each step there may be a chance to save the niche arches or
13 stop going further, if general Gentoo development is no longer hindered
14 by that arch.
15
16 I hope that suggestion would help satisfy both people who want to care
17 for users of niche arches, and people affected be delays and hurdles
18 caused by these arches, or concerned about half-measures.
19
20 Paweł