From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:35:27
On 2011.08.14 14:38, Markos Chandras wrote:

> Bringing council to the game, ensures that these projects will be > active > and managed at a senior level. Right now, there is no recovery plan > if > these teams do not function properly.
What's the recovery plan if other projects don't function properly? e.g. Documentation. The install guides still describe setting up baselayout-1, three months after baselayout-2 was stabilised. See Code Listing 1.2: Examples for /etc/conf.d/net Hmm. maybe thats a bug as is correct for baselayout-2. Anyway, I'm sure you get the idea. Will the council fix these things too ? Josh, this is just one example I'm familiar with. not a poke at you being the entire docs team. Why are devrel and QA special? To continue with my example, I would suggest that docs are much more important as they are first point of contact for new users and without users Gentoo will die.
> > -- > Regards, > Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2 >
-- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of elections gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>