From: "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo Council Nominations for 2011 to 2012
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:06:08
1 On 06/04/11 19:09, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > I'd like to nominate all the other current council members. It was a
3 > pleasure to work with all of you.
4
5 Thank you Jorge.
6 I accept; my manifesto for this election follows:
7
8 A vote for me is a vote for a tough but fair rulebook. We are all volunteers here,
9 but the fruits of our labour, our product, is dependended upon by users. It is not
10 acceptable to let them down by failing to account for the changes that we make.
11 No developer is infallible, and we owe it to our users to state not just the changes
12 we make, but our reasons behind them.
13 Those reasons can be debated in an open forum, and consensus can be reached about when
14 breaking a rule is sensible. Getting to pick and choose which rules apply to you breaks
15 the fundamental pillar that supports a volunteer community:
16 ACCOUNTABILITY
17
18 Kind regards,
19 Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon