From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Voting and schedule
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 01:03:30

On 17-04-2010 23:56, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> How are we going to vote on all this? It would be interesting to be > able to vote on each topic/question individually. We could list all > answers to multiple choice questions and yes/no questions, rank them > using our usual condorcet voting system, and only retain the highest > ranked answer for each question. Other ideas?
Even though it might be desirable to be able to vote on single points of the discussion, a governance policy document can't be just a sum of points. Therefore, if we opt to have a vote for individual points, I propose in the end we chose someone to write a coherent document based on those points and to submit the final document to a global vote. It would be interesting to see how to act if a final document gets rejected by a referendum after each individual point is approved.
> Schedule and other practical issues? The goal is to have the new text > available before we vote for a new council. Let's start planning this > so that we can make sure we can make that target.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Voting and schedule Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>