From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 23:15:58
1 [please reply to gentoo-project@]
2
3 Hello, all.
4
5 When systemd was introduced in Gentoo, it was just me maintaining it,
6 plus a few users interested in it. Currently, we have a dedicated team
7 of five people, a few more developers that are less or more vaguely
8 interesting in supporting it and a number of users interested
9 in systemd.
10
11 With the growing interest, both positive and negative, we have decided
12 to perform a few actions to improve both the user and developer
13 experience.
16 First of all, we have [asked infra to] set up a gentoo-systemd mailing
17 list. The mailing list is intended to be used for all the discussions
18 regarding systemd, its integration in Gentoo and the policies. Everyone
19 is welcome to subscribe (gentoo-systemd+subscribe@l.g.o),
20 the list is also archived on gmane [1].
21
22 Until now, most of the intra-team discussions were carried on systemd@
23 mail alias and therefore were not really open to people not subscribing
24 it. The mailing list will allow those discussions to be taken openly
25 and properly archived. It will also allow people to subscribe to them
26 without needing to subscribe to all the bug-mail that hits systemd@g.o.
27
28 We also *expect* all the systemd bikeshed to move out of gentoo-dev@
29 for a cleaner work environment.
30
31 [1]:http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.systemd
34 Secondly, I have written down the current ebuild and unit files
35 policies on our wiki. People who work with systemd support are
36 encouraged to look the page through [2].
37
38 [2]:http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Systemd/Ebuild_policy
41 Thirdly, we have decided to arrange open IRC team meeting whenever
42 a need arises. The meetings will be announced in gentoo-systemd mailing
43 list 2-3 days in advance with the proposed agenda. Everyone is welcome
44 to join the meeting and present any issues or questions, including
45 those not strictly related to the agenda.
46
47 Thanks for the attention, have a good [put your time of day here].
50 Best regards,
51 Michał Górny