From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: jer@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 18:15:55
1 On Sun, 11 May 2014 19:52:07 +0200
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 11 May 2014 19:18:27 +0200
5 > Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Can you also consider that people are pushing QA too hard, or
8 > > rubbing the QA team the wrong way? Action, reaction; there are two
9 > > sides to it.
10 >
11 > Sure. Everyone suffers.
12
13 +1
14
15 > But as you [..] you have an obvious problem working in that setting.
16
17 Yes, hence the reply; such that we can solve this with the community.
18
19 > And to me it looks remarkably like you were throwing the book at
20 > someone while assuming a "[QA]" role. It doesn't look like that's
21 > working out too well.
22
23 Well, no, in this case the "documented in gentoo-core in 2007" book is
24 thrown at QA; doesn't work too well, when we can't even read that book.
25
26 Remarkable that new developers are expected to have magically read it;
27 the lack of knowledge codification is a problem, hence the policy needs
28 an update instead of another tired "you must not have been here in 20XX"
29 remark by a random developer with no quote or reference that helps out.
32 With kind regards,
33
34 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
35 Gentoo Developer
36
37 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
38 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
39 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D