From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Bad license and attribution by ChromiumOS and CoreOS
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:08:25
1 >>>>> On Sun, 22 Mar 2015, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 > On 22 Mar 2015 09:21, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 >> It doesn't work like this in our case. The Portage tree is licensed
5 >> under the GPL-2.
6
7 Sorry, this wasn't as precise as it should have been. I should have
8 written "ebuilds in the Portage tree" here.
9
10 >> If someone takes a subset of ebuilds from it, it will be a
11 >> "derivative work" and it cannot be distributed under any license
12 >> other than the GPL-2.
13
14 > no, content is licensed, not directories. you can't reasonably claim
15 > that all the various files/ (like patches we grab from elsewhere)
16 > are all under GPL-2- only.
17
18 Ulrich