From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Upcoming council meeting - Wednesday, 8th of June, 1900 UTC
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:21:27
1 On 06/08/2011 05:51 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > * Removal of support for old-style virtuals (ulm)
3 >
4 > As there were no replies to Ulrich's email, I'm lead to believe there is
5 > no disagreement with the proposal.
6
7 It sounds good to me. Given that there was practically no resistance in
8 eliminating PROVIDE from the main tree, it seems like there is a clear
9 consensus.
10
11 If this is approved then I plan to make emerge display a deprecation
12 warning if there as an attempt to install a package that defines
13 PROVIDE, and then drop support entirely after 6 months or so.
14
15 > So if anyone has anything to add
16 > about this proposal, please be sure to be present at the meeting.
17 > Having someone from the PMS and Portage teams would be appreciated.
18
19 I plan to be available.
20 --
21 Thanks,