From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: rich0@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] William Hubbs council manifesto 2018-2019
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 16:09:33
1 On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:42:38AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:33 AM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > What I meant to say makes no sense was your commentary above, which got
5 > > deleted from this some how, about selection bias. That seems to be true
6 > > for any elected position -- you have people running for the position who
7 > > are interested in having the job. :-)
10 > I don't see the disagreement here. You seem to agree there is
11 > selection bias, and are just extending it even further.
12 >
13 > I agree with that. Asking the Council whether we need a Council makes
14 > as much sense as asking the Trustees whether we need a Foundation.
15
16 But what you are saying is based on the idea that I said we should defer
17 this decision to the trustees, which I never said.
18
19 All I'm advocating for is a change of tone in the dialog. It seems to be
20 mostly demands and accusations, and that is what I would like to see
21 changed.
22
23 William