From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 01:44:39
1 On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-10-08, o godz. 11:01:49
3 > "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> So perhaps it was unwise for us to get into a situation where either 1)
6 >> we violate the Social Contract or 2) we have to surmount a technically
7 >> difficult situation.
8 >>
9 >> Perhaps those responsible for doing so should fix this.
10 >
11 > Thank all of your for your continuous support. I will not be deploying
12 > any scripts to improve integration in any way. If you want to take this
13 > over, the script is in repo-mirror-ci, in github-pr-sync branch, I
14 > think. I suggest you copy it somewhere because I may randomly remove
15 > the branch when cleaning up the repo at some point.
16 >
17 > We will be handling GitHub pull requests on our own. If someone is
18 > willing to contribute, sure. If someone is not, I don't care. This is
19 > the end of the topic as far as I'm concerned, and I guess we can remove
20 > the item from the Council agenda to offload the unnecessarily
21 > overburdened Council from dealing with problems that have no solution.
22
23 I don't believe his "Perhaps those responsible for doing so should fix
24 this." comment was warranted, and can definitely understand why you
25 find it offensive, since you're *doing the work*, but please don't
26 "take your ball and go home" so to speak. Your contributions are
27 extremely valuable, and I don't think we'd be where we are today
28 without them. (Check out the increase in the number of contributors
29 since the switch to git! [1])
30
31 [1] https://www.openhub.net/p/gentoo