From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2019 / 2020 election
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 08:17:52
1 On Sat, 08 Jun 2019 09:26:30 +0200 Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 >I nominate:
4 >
5 >polynomial-c
8 Thank you very much but I must respectfully decline your nomination.
9
10 Although I think the council requires lots of new people, I don't think
11 I would be an appropriate addition for the following reasons:
12
13 - I am already member of comrel and I belong to those people who think
14 it's not healthy for Gentoo if a single person gains too much power
15 through several powerful teams like council, comrel, proctors, qa,
16 infra, undertakers etc.
17 - I am already at the limit regarding my involvement in Gentoo. I have
18 a small family that wants to spend time with me (and I with them), I
19 am a Ju-Jutsu coach and some money needs to be earned as well.
20
21 Once again thank you very much for the nomination. Perhaps I can make
22 it at another council election.
23
24 Kind regards
25 Lars
28 Lars Wendler
29 Gentoo package maintainer
30 GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93 9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39