From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Metastructure: reorganization (Was: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-11-12)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 22:15:54
1 >>>>> On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Andreas K Huettel wrote:
2
3 > If you look at our metastructure page, it's a bit of a mess. Some
4 > careful rearrangement might make sense... How about this:
5
6 > 1) top level project "Gentoo Programming Resources"
7 > - title in table is wrong, should be (according to project page)
8 > "Gentoo Resources for Programming Languages", or just "Programming
9 > Languages"
10 > - has subprojects ada, haskell, ruby
11 > proposed action: move java, lisp, perl, php, python in there as
12 > additional subprojects
13
14 GLEP 39 defines a project as "a group of developers working towards a
15 goal".
16
17 I don't see what we would gain by collecting several unrelated
18 projects under an umbrella TLP. Are there any resources that can be
19 shared, or is there a large overlap between devs working in the
20 different language projects? In short, what problem are you trying to
21 solve?
22
23 > 2) top level project "Community Resources"
24 > - has subprojects ComRel, Recruiters, Undertakers
25 > proposed action: move PR, gse(dead?), Ops in there as additional
26 > subprojects
27
28 > 3) propsed action: create top level project "server" (in analogy to
29 > "desktop")
30 > move apache, kolab(dead?), scire, virtualization, vps, web-apps in
31 > there as subprojects
32
33 Same arguments as above.
34