From: "Rick \\\"Zero_Chaos\\\" Farina" <zerochaos@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-11-12
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 20:23:19
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On 11/01/2013 12:25 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
5 > On 30/10/2013 00:22, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
6 >> In two weeks from now, the council will again have its regular monthly
7 >> meeting. Now is the time to raise and prepare items that the council
8 >> should
9 >> put on the agenda to discuss or vote on.
10 >>
11 >> Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
12 >> repeat
13 >> your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously suggested one
14 >> (since
15 >> the last meeting).
16 >>
17 >> The agenda for the next meeting will be sent out on Tuesday 2013-11-05.
18 >>
19 >> Please respond to the gentoo-project list, if possible.
20 >>
21 >> Best,
22 >> Andreas
25 > Hi,
26 >
27 > I propose that the Council disband the current QA team, and call for
28 > interested developers to form a new one in its place.
29 >
30 > In its current state, the QA project (excluding subprojects) is
31 > moribund, and all attempts to address the problem with the team directly
32 > have failed.
33 >
34 > The team is predominately inactive - of the eight listed members, only
35 > half have any bugzilla activity at all within the last six months. Of
36 > those four members, after a cursory examination of bugzilla, I was only
37 > able to locate one that has made more than one action clearly as part of
38 > the QA team within the last six months.
39 >
40 > There is no way for new members to join the team. Requests for
41 > membership posted to the mailing list are ignored[1], and direct mails
42 > apparently go unanswered.
43 >
44 > The mailing list is dead - the only post in the last two years is a ping
45 > about trying to join the team. Only half of the team are in their IRC
46 > channel, and most of the few queries raised there are ignored.
47 >
48 > The email alias is private, so it's not clear who will be receiving any
49 > queries via email or bugmail.
50 >
51 > In its current state, not only is QA achieving few of its project goals,
52 > but it's actually harmful in that sought advice and mediation never
53 > actually comes.
54 >
55 > Best regards,
56 > Michael
57 >
58 > [1]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.qa/102
63 I know this isn't officially required but, SECONDED. And a big thanks
64 to Kensington for standing up and saying something. You are not alone.
65
66 - -Zero