From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Notice of resignation of foundation membership
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:53:38
1 Thanks in large part to mgorny's initiative it has been brought to my
2 attention that I am not welcome in the gentoo community.
3
4 He has done everything he can to obstruct me from contributing,
5 including attempting to have my foundation membership revoked (620010)
6 in a bug that he didn't even BOTHER to have me CC'ed on until I
7 stumbled on it while spectating on a trustee meeting,and unilaterally
8 dismissing me from the proxy maintainers project, officially for
9 inactivity but confessing on IRC that he just found me difficult to
10 work with.
11
12 This is, to be blunt, bullshit. When a security bug came in against
13 bopm I was prompt in having it fixed (see bug 631882. Other than
14 that, apart from yielding skypeforlinux to someone who used scripts to
15 beat me to the punch, the other packages were simply dormant upstream
16 and rather than being inactive on those I was simply idling.
17
18 I might have been difficult to work with, but if that was the real
19 reason I was "fired" it should have been documented on my maintainer
20 bug. The official reason as listed is not accurate.
21
22 When I informed mgorny of my choice to resign, his words were as
23 follows (as of Nov 12, 2018, pacific time):
24
25 [13:37:32] <Shentino> I'm resigning from the foundation and severing
26 all ties with gentoo.
27 [13:37:37] <Shentino> Congratulations, you got your wish.
28 [13:47:16] <mgorny> thanks, really appreciated
29
30 Unfortunately, it appears that his opinion of my worth to Gentoo is
31 not isolated, and since my efforts are not welcome I've decided it's
32 in the mutual interest of myself and Gentoo for me to resign.
33
34 Since I'm not welcome there's no point in me sticking around and
35 wasting my time.
36
37 Foundation, please get your books in order, particularly with the back
38 taxes, so that you can get back the respect of the rest of the
39 community. I'm tired of people using the foundation's past paperwork
40 problems as an excuse to disregard and dismiss them.