From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 01:53:24
1 On 13/11/16 01:48, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 11/13/2016 02:45 AM, M. J. Everitt wrote:
3 >> On 13/11/16 01:44, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
4 >>> On 11/13/2016 02:40 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
5 >>>> On Saturday, November 12, 2016 8:24:12 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
6 >>>>> In either case the person affected can appeal to Council which makes
7 >>>>> the final decision.
8 >>>> If a problem went from Team Lead, or Leads, to a vote from the entire council.
9 >>>> An appeal should not be necessary. There should not be an appeal process or
10 >>>> need. Such things should not occur and everyone should be doing everything
11 >>>> possible to prevent it. Thus again nothing to appeal.
12 >>>>
13 >>> This is already the case where technical issues are discussed in a
14 >>> professional manner not involving personal conflicts.
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >> With respect, Kristian, I really don't believe we have a problem with
18 >> technical matters ... ;]
19 >>
20 > The description above is a normative description of how things works in
21 > the general case, which doesn't involve comrel. The latter is only
22 > involved when the usual dispute resolution is not applicable due to
23 > personnel making technical issues personal.
24 >
25 Ok so for the sake of clarity, we have a purely technical issue, which
26 is either right or wrong .. and then someone takes it as a personal
27 affront, instead of being mature and professional, and accepting the
28 correction, learning the lesson, to put into practise in future. So
29 instead of the issue being purely technical .. said person MAKES it
30 personal .. and therefore themselves causes a conflict .. which requires
31 some form of Discipline .. which breeds hate .. and ...
32
33 .. you see where I'm going .. ?!