From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: Expanding Foundation Bylaws, section 4.9 Termination from Membership
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 08:20:09
1 On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 1:04 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 > I don't disagree with this. Still, trustees should not be able to
5 > exclude a member without a reason, and they should communicate that
6 > reason (not necessarily in public, but at least to the excluded
7 > member)
10 Well, they would need to have a reason to go through the hassle of removing
11 a member. I would be more concerned that they would communicate a general
12 reason to the Gentoo community so that there would be some accountability.
13 Of course, this is a delicate balancing act -- how much information to
14 share, etc. I think it would be highly specific on the circumstances how
15 much information is appropriate to share, which would be hard to predict
16 ahead of time and make rules about. I think that in these circumstances,
17 the more reason/justification that is provided, the more 'ammunition' you
18 are giving to a potentially combative person to continue a conflict that
19 the trustees are desperately trying to end for the sake of the project.
20
21 Best,
22
23 Daniel