From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items, Council meeting 2017-11-12
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 21:38:43
1 W dniu nie, 29.10.2017 o godzinie 19∶32 +0100, użytkownik Michał Górny
2 napisał:
3 > Hi, everyone.
4 >
5 > The Council will meet again on 2017-11-12 (i.e. two weeks from today),
6 > in the #gentoo-council channel on Freenode. Please reply to this mail
7 > with any items you'd like us to discuss and/or vote on.
10 So here's a few items that I can recall:
11
12 1. Reevaluate status of old GLEPs [1]. Hopefully, a quick vote on
13 marking the few old GLEPs Final or Moribund as appropriate (note: we're
14 still waiting for someone from security@ to finally give some reply on
15 the GLEP for GLSAs).
16
17 2. Final review on GLEP 66 [2]. The wiki version was pre-approved
18 at the last meeting, now it's in ReST with some editorial changes.
19 gentoo-dev thread @ [3].
20
21 3. Second look at GLEP 65, now in v2 [4]. Originally it wasn't accepted
22 because of the lack of tree signing at the time but I think we can take
23 another look now that tree-signing is WIP. Also v2 added pkg_postinst()
24 checks support (e.g. used in Portage right now to check for missing xdg-
25 utils function calls). Thread @ [5].
26
27 4. Update of manifest-hashes [6]. The final conclusion was to use
28 'SHA512 BLAKE2B' for a (potentially long) transition period, then just
29 'BLAKE2B'. If we agree on this, I think we should set at least some
30 minimal/approximate dates. Latest thread @ [7].
31
32 5. First look at GLEP 74 / full-tree signing [8]. The reference
33 implementation already works but we still need to settle some details.
34 I think it will be ready for the meeting but even if it isn't, we may
35 want to take a look.
36
37 That's all from me.
40 [1]:https://bugs.gentoo.org/634100