From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, sunrise@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Status update of Sunrise project?
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:55:48
1 Ben de Groot schrieb:
2 > Looking at the sunrise-reviewed repo, there have been no commits in
3 > the last four months. So it looks like this project died. Can we get
4 > an official update on the status of this project? Also, we should
5 > probably remove this from the layman overlays list, since it is no
6 > longer maintained.
7 >
8 > Then we should also redirect users to the proxy-maintainers project as
9 > the best way to contribute ebuilds.
12 There have been some commits to the "not-yet-reviewed" repo of sunrise
13 by some people, but i didnt check it, so missed pushing the updates to
14 the reviewed repo. Since that is done now, you should see that the last
15 commit was only 1 day before your question.
16
17 As an additional note: proxy-maintainers and sunrise are 2 different
18 projects with different goals and different tools, you cannot replace
19 one with the other unless you want to move all the packages in sunrise
20 to the main tree. proxy-maintainers is about users maintaining packages
21 in the _main tree_ with the help of developers, sunrise is about users
22 maintaining packages in the _sunrise overlay_. So unless the users finds
23 a dev willing to add and maintain "his" package(s) in the main tree,
24 there is no way to replace sunrise with proxy-maintainers.
25
26 Also, if some more devs would be willing to help, that would be nice,
27 being the last active dev for the sunrise overlay for some time now and
28 i dont like the "bus factor" :-)
31 Thomas Sachau
32 Gentoo Linux Developer