From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: comrel changes
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 08:28:34
1 On 21.02.2020 11:17, Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > On 21/02/2020 00:40, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
3 >
4 >> If we are interested in transparency, how about the following 'radical'
5 >> change: Let's make bugs *public*, at least for project members. In this
6 >> way, each project member can form their own view/opinion based on real
7 >> facts.
8 >>
9 >> Maybe not from the beginning like some court hearings (trials) aren't
10 >> public as well. But because ComRel is speaking 'in the name of the
11 >> project', bugs should become accessible at least for project members
12 >> when ComRel's job is done like court decision are usually published.
13 >
14 > We could do that but this would have some chilling effect.
15 >
16 > We also could do that the issues are opened only if all the people
17 > involved agree to make them open to the project members.
18 >
19 > I would not make them public and I would still require some modicum of
20 > confidentiality.
21 >
22 > lu
26 ...this is not to mention that some people who are somehow involved in
27 ComRel cases explicitly ask us not to disclosure the data we receive as
28 it may be considered sensitive even after some considerable amount of time.