From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] pre-GLEP: Gentoo OpenPGP web of trust
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 06:57:22
On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 09:21 -0500, Brian Evans wrote:
> On 1/31/2019 8:56 AM, Michał Górny wrote: > > > > > Signature requirements > > ---------------------- > > > > As a final goal of this GLEP, each Gentoo developer will be required > > to have at least one signature from another Gentoo developer or from > > member of one of the partner communities present on their > > ``@gentoo.org`` UID. > > -1 > > I won't be able to accomplish this as I do not travel and have no > opportunities to meet with others. Plus, it's just downright awkward. > I'm sure there are other devs in this same situation. >
The most commonly proposed alternative is identity verification via video chat. Would that also be unachievable for you? It would be really nice to get some measure on how many people *really* can't do it, rather than how many will oppose for the sake of opposing. It is funny how many of the people complaining today would actually quickly get the needed signature if this was required from the start. -- Best regards, Michał Górny