From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:03:49
1 On 07/30/2013 08:56 AM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 07/30/2013 08:28 AM, hasufell wrote:
3 >> I don't see any conflict between requiring the user to accept unfree
4 >> licenses explicitly and our philosophy.
5 >
6 > I'm not arguing this point.
7 >
8 >> In fact, we are already forcing interaction with that variable via "-@EULA".
9 >
10 > The only reason for this is that it is a means to ensure that the EULA
11 > will is displayed by default, in order to respect the wishes of the
12 > copyright owners.
13
14 For those not aware of the history, it should also be noted that we used
15 to have a check_license function in eutils.eclass explicitly for this
16 purpose, and ebuilds that used it had to set PROPERTIES="interactive"
17 which was much more annoying that the license masking approach that
18 replaced it.
19 --
20 Thanks,
21 Zac