From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2021-07-11 - call for agenda items
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 10:17:43
1 >>>>> On Mon, 05 Jul 2021, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 > The agenda is still open for additional items that the council should
4 > discuss or vote on. For agenda items, please respond to this message
5 > on the gentoo-project mailing list.
6
7 Replying to my own message. :)
8
9 Now that EAPI is supported by stable Portage (3.0.20-r6 went stable
10 on the last arch today), I would like to ask the council to deprecate
11 EAPI 6, both for ebuilds and for profiles.
12
13 In the past, the council had also banned EAPIs. However, that didn't
14 make much of a practical difference because an EAPI cannot be added
15 to eapis-banned in layout.conf unless all ebuilds are gone. Maybe we
16 should have a rule like the following instead:
17 "A deprecated EAPI is considered banned when the Gentoo repository
18 no longer contains any ebuilds using it."
19
20 Ulrich