From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2019-12-08 19:00 UTC - Agenda topics?
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 09:11:04
On Wed, 2019-11-27 at 00:26 +0100, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> The next council meeting will be on Sunday 2019-12-08, 19:00 UTC in the > #gentoo-council channel on Freenode. Please reply to this mail with desired > agenda topics. >
I'd like to pass a big question™ towards the Council since there seems to be some disagreement on the direction Gentoo should take: === Should Gentoo developers be expected to be able to find a way to work together to build a somewhat consistent distribution, or should it be allowed for individual developers to 'run their own shops' and ignore everybody else? === To explain what I mean with an extreme example: in the past we had a developer who blocked adding systemd units to his own packages because of his own personal agenda against systemd. This was obviously harmful to systemd users who couldn't install use those packages normally, and was harmful to consistent user experience across Gentoo. In my opinion, such behavior is unacceptable but given that similar issues regularly emerge, maybe I'm wrong. -- Best regards, Michał Górny