From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Question about a installer for Gentoo.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:03:26
1 On Monday, October 11, 2010 01:43:43 Dale wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Dale wrote:
4 > >> There is a discussion on the forums that Gentoo just must have a
5 > >> installer. I'm hoping that someone on this list who worked on or has
6 > >> very good knowledge of the past installer could tell me exactly why this
7 > >> didn't work. Could someone take a few minutes to post a reply, on list
8 > >> or off list, as to why a installer is not feasible for Gentoo?
9 > >
10 > > it didnt have a maintainer to keep it up to date and address the bugs
11 > > filed
12 >
13 > Do you, or anyone else, see the project being revived?
14
15 all it needs is a maintainer that doesnt suck and keeps the project going. so
16 until that happens, nothing is going to change.
17 -mike