From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:12:02
1 Hi,
2
3 try to turn over a new leaf, leave all grudges in the past.
4
5 For now try to concentrate on technical aspects only: submit
6 patches or pull requests, start moving your overlay to the tree —
7 java team should be happy to assist you.
8
9 It would be a good idea to stay away from policies, team management
10 and similar stuff, at least for the time being. Try to avoid
11 comments (on bugzilla, irc and other channels) that may be found
12 offensive by other people as well as too long and emotional
13 comments on how unjustly was the past, just let it go.
14
15 I hope everything will be fine this way, just be calm and patient.
16
17 As for comrel and recruiters: while nobody is perfect, I don't see
18 critical issues in their workflow: they are doing a great job, as
19 well as Council.
20
21 Best regards,
22 Andrew Savchenko