From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:16:30
1 > > Right, which means to me that if the council agrees on a certain change
2 > > to GLEP39, it has to organise a full developer vote with all the
3 > > supporting material for the change.
4 >
5 > But, you are saying that the council has to approve changes for glep
6 > 39 before they can come to a vote. This would mean that say a majority
7 > of developers doesn't like something in glep 39, but the council
8 > doesn't approve the change. That change will never come to a vote. In
9 > other words, the council has control of the rules that govern it. Is
10 > that what you are intending?
11
12 I think yes, if the council regarding GLEP39 thinks A, but the dev
13 population B, then it is unlikely the council will vote for B. However,
14 the dev population should vote for other council members that do support
15 B for the next term in that case.
16
17 You have all rights of course to try and persuade the council members to
18 change their minds and vote for B. Probably good argumentation will
19 help there.
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level