From: Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: New Developer: Guilherme Amadio (amadio)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 20:01:23
1 On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 06:44:33PM +0000, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Good evening,
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer in our family.
5 > Guilherme Amadio is joining us from São José do Rio Preto, São Paulo,
6 > Brazil and he will be assisting the prefix team, but he is interested
7 > in the science packages as well. Here is how he describes himself:
8 >
9 > "I’m a physicist with a passion for computer science. I’ve been using
10 > Gentoo for a long time (since version 1.2 or so). I finished grad school
11 > last July, so I decided that it was the right time to join Gentoo and
12 > contribute back to a project that has helped me so much along all these
13 > years. I’m Brazilian, of Italian descendence; my greatgrandparents were
14 > mostly from northern Italy. My favorite hobbies are chess, playing my
15 > accordion, and japanese calligraphy. I am joining Gentoo to work on
16 > prefix, but I plan to do other things as well, such as packaging more
17 > fonts and working on gentoo-science."
18 >
19 > Please give him a warm welcome!
20 >
21 > - --
22 > Regards,
23 > Markos Chandras
24
25 Thank you everyone for the welcoming messages! It's nice to see a few
26 fellow physicists around here.
27
28 Also, a big thank you to Ruud (redlizard), Benda (heroxbd), Fabian
29 (grobian), and Markos (hwoarang) for mentoring and recruiting me.
30
31 Despite recent discussions about the recruiting process and how some
32 people think it should be changed, I have to say that for me it was very
33 enjoyable to go through the process and it certainly feels great to
34 finally be a part of Gentoo.
35
36 Cheers,
37 —Guilherme