From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Community questions for potential umbrellas
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 06:43:55
1 Hello, community.
2
3 Gentoo Foundation is currently preparing for an important debate about
4 its own future. As part of that, we're collecting information
5 on various umbrellas, that is existing non-profits that could
6 incorporate Gentoo's assets and provide legal and financial services
7 to us for a relatively small fee (compared to commercial prices
8 for the same services). We have received some initial feedback already,
9 and now we'd like to ask our community for questions they'd like
10 answered.
11
12 The umbrellas we're researching right now are:
13
14 - Software in the Public Interest (SPI) [1]
15 - Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC) [2]
16 - Open Source Collective (OSC) [3]
17
18 We've collected some of the questions we've prepared already at [4],
19 and we'll (well, provided that I get write access because obviously
20 being a Wiki admin isn't enough to actually have access to anything)
21 going to add more as they come. However, please don't ask questions
22 that are already answered in the respective project pages (unless they
23 aren't answered by one of the other projects).
24
25 We will start publishing the answers shortly, as soon as we get more
26 answers.
27
28 [1] https://www.spi-inc.org/
29 [2] https://sfconservancy.org/