From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] William Hubbs council manifesto 2018-2019
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:38:00
1 W dniu sob, 16.06.2018 o godzinie 15∶26 -0500, użytkownik William Hubbs
2 napisał:
3 > I believe the council and trustees should be working as a team to lead
4 > Gentoo. We serve different functions, so there is room for both groups.
5 > We have been adversarial lately and I don't think this is good. As a
6 > council member, I will work to improve this situation.
7
8 How are you planning to achieve this goal?
9
10 > I feel that we need better code of conduct enforcement and possibly a
11 > more clear code of conduct. I will work with the council and the
12 > Community Relations team to make this happen.
13
14 Again, how?
15
16 > The council should be asked to make a decision on an issue only when
17 > the issue cannot be settled by the community itself. Innovations should
18 > come from the developers, and the council should do what it can to
19 > support these innovations.
20 >
21 > When the council is asked to make a decision, it should be fully
22 > informed about both sides of the issue before it votes. On the other
23 > hand, the council should not block progress by taking an extremely long
24 > time to make a decision.
25
26 What criteria should the Council consider when making a decision?
27
28 > If anyone has any questions about anything I have said here, please feel
29 > free to ask in this thread.
32 During the last term, you have suggested that if an individual serving
33 simultaneously on the Council and QA, then we're dealing with a conflict
34 of interest. Are you going to pursue that thread?
37 Best regards,
38 Michał Górny