From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@g.o>, Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo Council 2012/2013 election - 3 days left to vote
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 03:02:36

On 04-06-2012 05:42, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> Dear Gentoo Community, > > Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2012/2013 are now open for the > next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 17/06/2012). > > All nominations must be sent to the gentoo-project mailing list. If > you were nominated and want to run, you have to accept your > nomination on the same mailing list. > > Here are the rules: > > * Council elections generally happen once a year * The council is > composed of seven elected members * Nominations are allowed from > June 4th 00H00 UTC to June 17th 23H59 UTC * Only Gentoo developers > may be nominated * Anyone can nominate (nominating yourself is OK) > * Nominees must accept their nomination before voting begins * > Voting is opened from June 19th 00H00 UTC to July 2nd 23H59 UTC
There are approximately 3 days left to vote, so please hurry and move to the election booth on woodpecker. The current turnout is 30% so if you want to have a say in the council election don't forget to vote. We have a few ballots that weren't submitted yet, so please make sure you didn't forgot to submit your ballot.
> (there is one day of break between nominations and voting so the > infra team has time to set up everything) * Only Gentoo developers > may vote * The list of Gentoo Developers will be based on active > membership by June 3rd, 2012th (the day before the election was > opened) * Gentoo uses the Condorcet method of voting * Results > should be published around July 4th
The rules for the Council election as well as details on how to vote for this election are available in the Council Elections Archives[1]. In any case, here is the quick procedure on how to vote using votify: * If you're eligible to vote in this election, log in to * Type votify --new council-201206 to create a new ballot file * Edit .ballot-council-201206 file in your home directory and rank the candidates * Once you're finished, use votify --verify council-201206 command to verify the validity of your ballot file * If everything is okay, use votify --submit council-201206 to submit your vote. Don't forget your vote doesn't count until you submit it. * If you run into problems, you can either work them out yourself using votify --help or contact election officials and ask them for help The elections for the Council include the pseudo _reopen_nominations candidate. If the pseudo-candidate '_reopen_nominations' appears in 7th place or higher those candidates that rank above '_reopen_nominations' will be the current council. A second period of election will be opened for the remaining council seats. No third period of election will be opened in the event '_repoen_nominations' ranks higher than the candidates necessary to fill the council[2]. In case there's a need to fill a seat during the council term due to a retirement, a new election must be held to fill that seat. [1] - [2] -