From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Future Election Visibility improvements? ( Was: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council election: less than 8h left to vote! )
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 03:51:51
1 On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 18:20:40 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Cast your vote! Let's make this one a record participation election!
5 > Less than 8 hours left...
6 >
7 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Elections/Council/201706
10 I somehow managed to completely overlook the elections starting, and by
11 the time I got around to checking my copious amounts of email, and had
12 free time to delve into the swamp lands of -project, .... well, the
13 elections had already closed.
14
15 I'm not about to demand a recount or anything, but I felt a little
16 ripped off that I managed to overlook something so seemingly important.
17
18 Perhaps in future elections, Wilikins can be rigged to send a /notice
19 at least once to every #gentoo-* channel, both when elections open, and
20 within a certian threshold of when they close?
21
22 Or perhaps send a /privmesg 's to every developer both:
23
24 1. When elections open ( or the first time the dev appears online in a
25 gentoo channel after elections open )
26 2. Every 5 Hours of the last 24 hours of the election window.
27
28 ( The latter mostly being the most practical way I could think of to
29 counteract timezone effects and client-cycles losing the notice )
30
31 Because I think ideally we aught to be encouraging participation in
32 voting as much as practical.