From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:45:53
1 Dnia 2014-08-03, o godz. 12:11:48
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Sun, 03 Aug 2014, Samuli Suominen wrote:
5 >
6 > > On 03/08/14 11:55, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
7 > >> Do I get this right, you want the eselect module move files
8 > >> installed by a package to another directory, effectively making
9 > >> them orphans?
10 >
11 > > Of course it would require a pkg_postrm() phase that cleans up
12 > > possible orphans
13 >
14 > Still, this would be very bad design.
15 >
16 > > But mgorny pointed out another solution in this thread, "Wouldn't it
17 > > be better to generate exclude commands in bashrc?"
18 > > And the answer to that would be "yes, of course"
19 >
20 > Can you remind me what was wrong with the current method, namely using
21 > symlinks?
22
23 The old method was pretty bad, and we can do it much better nowadays.
24 IMO the best thing we could do is enabling by default and letting
25 eselect disable stuff via adding (and enable via removing):
26
27 complete -r foo
28
29 to some well-defined file that gets sourced in bashrc.
30
31 Then there's a matter of sourcing the file you need to source to enable
32 completions at all. We could enable that unconditionally in bashrc, or
33 use it for global completion switch in eselect.
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny