From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 20:45:34
1 hasufell:
2 > Ulrich Mueller:
3 >>>>>>> hasufell wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> [...] QA team is not helpful [...] and seems to not care much [...]
6 >>> [...] I have problems believing in QA competence [...]
7 >>> [...] I have serious doubts about their technical understanding [...]
8 >>> [...] lolwat? [...]
9 >>> [...] I can't even take their comments seriously. [...]
10 >>> [...] the new and the old team. It hasn't improved [...]
11 >>
12 >> All posted to this list in the last two days. Do you really wonder why
13 >> you don't get any answers from QA team members any more?
16 > That doesn't make sense. You are saying you didn't reply, because you
17 > knew I would eventually post this on the project ML?
18 >
19 > Some people stressed it way too much, so I came up with this. I
20 > repeatedly contacted people in private as well, before I decided to
21 > escalate.
22 >
23 > So, no... I'm not hiding somewhere and waiting for my chance to piss
24 > people off.
25 > I tried for months to get help from QA. Most of the time, it didn't work
26 > out very well (enough examples given already, would be interesting if
27 > someone actually replies to them). This is not on me.
30 Besides, I am not a fan of escalating on ML-level. I usually try this on
31 a) private mail or b) mail-alias level.
32
33 And I did so several times. It isn't really fun for me, because it
34 causes negativity and makes it actually harder to get constructive results.
35
36 But, here we are.