From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2012-02-14
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 21:02:24
1 On 05-02-2012 19:26:36 +0000, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > > I'd like to discuss the recently received email on "official
3 > > permission to promote Gentoo on Facebook as Gentoo Linux Poland
4 > > group", and in particular whether this is something for the
5 > > Council, or for the trustees instead.
6 >
7 > I am sure there are many Gentoo "Friends" websites out there and I
8 > don't think all of them ever asked us to do it. I don't think it is a
9 > problem for us to solve as it is impossible ( and clearly undesirable
10 > ) to manage these sites separately. However, we need to protect
11 > Gentoo's name in case we spot a bad PR from a so-called Official
12 > Gentoo website out there :)
13
14 As Rich answered, it's a Trustees thing.
15
16 > Shouldn't PR be part of this discussion as well? I'd say it is
17 > actually their job. Council's role is mainly technical directions in
18 > Gentoo and PR is not our responsibility or area of expertise I must say.
19
20 You hit the nail on its head. Can the Council think of any technical
21 issues/solutions that can help to disseminate. Further, I think we
22 should delegate the original mail to the Trustees and PR, or proxy for
23 them.
27 Fabian Groffen
28 Gentoo on a different level