From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: RFC: a few new rules for repositories in repositories.xml
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 22:33:30
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 23:54:12 +0200 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
4 > Have these rules made it into the wiki somewhere? I didn't find them at
5 > the places where I looked.
6
7 I can't find them in both devmanual and wiki. Devmanual has a
8 mention than <upstream> is an allowed tag, but nothing more. I'm
9 most interested in remote-id field, though there are other fields
10 (e.g. <bugs-to>).
11
12 And could someone please explain and document remote-id types and
13 their arguments, e.g.
14 <remote-id type="cpe">cpe:/a:vim:vim</remote-id>
15 is absolutely cryptic to me.
16
17 And what to do if upstream is different from existing types?
18
19 I'm quite worried that such serious changes are made to
20 metadata.xml without any documentation and prior public discussion.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Andrew Savchenko