From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: comrel@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-09-10
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 06:51:33
1 El mar, 17-09-2013 a las 21:53 -0500, Daniel Campbell escribió:
2 > On 09/15/2013 02:03 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > As far as the users go - more need to become developers if they want
4 > > to have stable keywords, or pay somebody else to do so on their
5 > > behalf. That's just how things work in a volunteer-based distro.
6 >
7 > As a user, I've considered becoming a developer but the process is
8 > rather contrived and multi-tiered. It doesn't seem like you're becoming
9 > a developer through said process, but rather joining a fraternity.
10 > There's lots of bureacracy involved that really turns prospective
11 > developers off. I don't know how common it is, but if Gentoo has a lack
12 > of developers, there must be a clear reason as to why. Clearly Gentoo
13 > has a lot of avid users *and* developers, so if developers are needed,
14 > perhaps the process to become a developer should be improved. Why else
15 > would the distro be lacking devs if it has a bright and enthusiastic
16 > userbase?
17 >
18 > My two cents,
19 >
20 > ~Daniel
23 Could you please be a bit more specific? Maybe we could improve that :/
24
25 Is it a problem with quizzes and some of its questions? If I don't
26 misremember, there was some kind of recruitment tool in progress, but
27 not sure how ready it is