From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Usefulness of Project:Programming (lang-misc)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 13:35:29
1 Am Freitag, 28. Juli 2017, 23:36:04 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > When looking through projects with no members, I've noticed that we have
5 > a project called 'Programming' [1], aliased to lang-misc@g.o. It doesn't
6 > seem to be touched since being migrated from the old site, and it houses
7 > three subprojects: Ada, Haskell and Ruby. The mail alias points to
8 > /dev/null (literally).
9 >
10 > Do you think anything of value in this project? Or can I just disband
11 > it, and move the subprojects to top scope?
12
13 Well some lenghty time ago I proposed (as member of the "Metastructure
14 project", yay!) to move all programming languages under that umbrella - mostly
15 to clean up our organizational graph. Nobody was really happy about that idea.
16
17 So yes, either use it consistently or disband it. Current state makes no
18 sense.
21 Dr. Andreas K. Hüttel
22 tel. +49 151 241 67748 (mobile)
23 e-mail mail@×××××××××.de