From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: A plan for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 09:45:39
On 2017.12.06 09:09, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
[snip]
> We are finally reaching the point where "new" people have a > significant say in > Gentoo, and where rules apply the same to every dev and there are not > a > selected few exempt. Which has already improved the overall mood a > lot. > > How do you want to contribute to this improvement? >
[snip]
> Cheers, > Andreas > > > -- > Andreas K. Hüttel > dilfridge@g.o > Gentoo Linux developer > (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel) > >
Team, As possibly one of the 'old timers' the key words I'm quoting are "contribute to this improvement?" There is no going back. We are where we are now. We need to get to where we want to be. That may or may not involve previous contributors but if it does, it needs be under the current rules until the rules are changed. One thing that is not possible in any volunteer organistion is to make massive overnight changes. The body of volunteers need to be convinced first and that takes time. A long sequence of small changes are far more likely to be accepted. That takes time. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of elections gentoo-ops forum-mods