From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Council Election
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 02:36:51
1 I hate to start a new thread just to point this out, but I didn't want
2 to reply to the agenda thread per the typical policy.
3
4 On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
5 > The council election is due in June.
6 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/council/
7
8 I'm not sure if there are any technical limitations on running two
9 elections at the same time, but the Trustees are also aiming to gather
10 nominations in June and perform the election in August (we need to get
11 that announced ASAP, actually if we want to be done for the AGM).
12
13 While the Trustees are trying to keep the AGM in August, there is a
14 legal requirement that it take place by 19-Sep-2013, and that means
15 having the election done no later than that date.
16
17 This should be kept in mind when executing both elections. It isn't
18 as much of an issue if the voting system can handle two open elections
19 at the same time.
20
21 Rich